Thursday, February 23, 2012

Two weeks to go!

In just over two weeks, Katie and I leave for Haiti! 


My Haiti update for this week involves two personal prayer requests...

1.  I bruised my tailbone two weeks ago.  It hurts.  A lot.  The more I sit, the more it hurts.  This has me concerned considering all of the sitting I will be doing on my way to Haiti.  I have a five hour car drive, a couple of long(ish) plane rides, and two long layovers.  Please pray for healing, and that I will be able to deal with the pain.

2. My Great Grandma died last week, and her funeral is on the day that I leave for Haiti.  This means that I will not be attending her funeral.  Though I have prayed about this, and know that Haiti is where God wants me to be that week, I am sad to be missing her funeral.  Please pray for both my family and I on that day.


Ok, now for an update on how preparation is going...

Katie and I will be leaving on March 9 and returning on March 19.  We have purchased almost everything that we need, the last thing we need to purchase is a video camera.  I have been working on setting up the computers, and everything looks great so far!

Praise God for:


1. That everything we have purchased so far has worked great!
2.  The amazing deal we were able to get on these laptops/projectors!

No comments:

Post a Comment