Thursday, August 11, 2011

Getting back to normal life (whatever that is...)

I would explore this building
and others like it
For the last 4.5 months of my life, if I was bored I would do something along the lines of walking inside the giant hundreds of years old buildings, exploring the antique oldest part of the city, or eating a bratwurst I bought at the street shop in middle of the very old but beautiful city center.  Or maybe I'd just sit at Starbucks and get to know the many international people who stopped by there.

Today, here I am sitting on a couch in my regular American home...with absolutely nothing to do for the first time in about 6 months.  I've been reading a book all day, Facebooking, doing laundry and planing my next international adventures.  (I am only looking into going to one new continent and two or three new countries this year...that's not too many right?? :D)

Ya...my car broke down :/
I've been back from Germany for one month.  In that one month I have been stranded in both San Francisco and Grants Pass, directed two church camps, hosted six people and had only one car break down....needless to say, I haven't quite gotten back to normal life yet.  Whatever that is.

In 11 days I start  my senior year of college.  Well not officially my senior year seeing as school hasn't really finished in Germany yet, and grades definitely aren't done, so my credit from there hasn't transferred...but once all of that happens, it will be my senior year!!  I'm not sure how I feel about being done with college, all it means is that I have a slightly higher possibility of getting a higher paying job, and real life responsibilities start....oh and it means I'm done with homework and tests.  Possibly for ever, but most likely just for now.

I guess I should go back to my boredom...maybe I'll finish this book today.  It's called "The Hunger Games".  I started it yesterday while stuck in Grants Pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment